Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Paying Attention To Money

I'm finding that I'm developing an interesting mindset about money and savings these days.

Personally, I was pretty lucky to graduate without much debt. Now that I'm working, most of my major obligations are taken care of with automatic payments. My RRSP contribution is automatic, my insurance and car payments come out once a month and so on. So after the paycheck went in, and the money came out, I was pretty comfortable spending the rest.

I purposefully created this project around a small amount of money to focus my spending and savings habits. I'm finding that I'll walk up to a vending machine, stand there for a moment, decide that I don't really need to spend the money and then walk away. I don't really feel deprived, and when I do make a small purchase it seems more rewarding. I'm following my budget more closely and I'm reducing my overall spending.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This is Erica Smith, owner of some quality financial websites having strong internet presence,high traffic and good quality content. As I found your website is very much relevant to my one, I'd like to have you as my link partner.

    I have several finance blogs(with good pr) and sites to link back to your website.

    I have some brand new "debt" related articles which I wish to post in this blog with my 1 single link.

    All the websites of mine are frequently cached and the articles get updated almost every week.

    If you agree to do link exchange with me, then both of our sites will be benefited in terms of visitors and ranking.

    Have a nice day. :)

    regards,
    Erica Smith
    ericasmith568(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input into the discussion.